Sage Software Help

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Wiles  
I am sure the answers are out there and easy enough to find. But I thought it would be wise for me to pick the collective mind of my colleagues here.

I have a new client that uses Sage. I have no experience with Sage. The bookkeeper has called me and is in a panic because 2019 is coming to an end. She says she will not be able to use the software in 2020 unless it gets "updated" and her consultant that helps her with this passed away this year.

After some discussion, I think she means she needs to close out 2018 because the software can only have 2 years open at a time. Although, I am not sure if she understands enough to explain what needs to be done.

Anybody here know what she needs to do in Sage to be ready for 2020? Anybody care to become her new Sage consultant?

yseea  
I use saga, you can reach out to me with any question.

To close out 2018 she should choose the task button on the tool bar then click on system and then choose year end wizard. She can then choose the year she wants to close out. Usually a message pops up asking if the user wishes to run the year end wizard when they are approaching year end. Just be sure she picks the correct year!!

Wiles  
Thank you, theresa_d.

I checked in with my client. She found somebody to help her, however they ran into a problem. Here is her reply: "We spent several hours yesterday trying to update only to find out we need a Windows upgrade and my IT guy is out of state until Monday. I have emailed him and hope to hear from him Monday. "

Do you know what she means by "update"?

Possibly she has an older version that needs to be updated with the newer version. If she is using it for payroll the various versions become obsolete and she would need the newer version. She can call tech support at Sage. They may be able to help her. There is usually a message when the payroll function is opened indicating that that version is no longer supported and a phone # to call.

Wiles  
Thank you!

Return to General Accounting