CA Suggested AA Cont. Education

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
COGS  
I apologize for posting a question about California CE. But I am not on other boards for California issues and thought I would throw it out.

I have not had any good A&A CE in a while. Although I did have one class, "Preparation, compilations and Reviews- A Practical Workshop." It was quite good.

I would like to know if anyone has had a particularly good class via the Cal Society of CPA's program.

I would love a class on horror stories of Peer Review or some such thing that can make learning fun and interesting and help avoid an omission of my own. But I have not seen that.

I don't do audits. Only Reviews.

So if anyone in California had a great class in A&A for the smaller guy doing doing reviews, I would love to know what it was.

COGS  
I took the class "a Practitioner's Guide to Accounting and Reporting Issues Webcast" Not too bad. Not as good as the class above. But pleased. Two good classes so you are not totally wasting your time on the AA CE.

eze  
Sorry I can't remember for sure. It may have been Spidell, which is tax focused. But I think I took A&A updates from them. The Cal Society ones are OK.. no great. But OK.

If you use PPC checklists, I always force myself to review the full disclosure checklist....aka reference book.... and review it for new items.

Return to General Accounting