Quickbooks Checking Account in QBO?

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
I've got a client who uses QBO and has a Quickbooks Checking account that receives funds for credit card payments from customers. This Quickbooks Checking account shows up with a balance in the overview of "Cash Flow", but is nowhere listed in then general ledger/chart of accounts. Appears that when credit card payments are received they go to undeposited funds, but since the Quickbooks Checking account is not in the general ledger, they stay in undeposited funds indefinitely even though the funds were deposited. Likewise any payments from the Quickbooks checking account are nowhere to be found. I also can't find a normal looking bank statement for the QB checking account.

Does anyone know if this Quickbooks Checking account will need to be linked same as any other bank account? My thinking is that Quickbooks online would automatically talk to Quickbooks checking, but that doesn't appear to be the case? Does anyone know where to find a Quickbooks checking account statement showing deposits and withdrawals?

I'm going to likely tell my client to stop using the Quickbooks Checking account and just use his other regular account.

FYI - Got my question answered with QBO help. The lady was actually very helpful and said that Quickbooks Checking account is actually done through Green Dot bank. She advised that their was a glitch in the setup on this particular client and that it wasn't functioning as it should. Apparently several problems have surfaced with Quickbooks checking and she recommended not to use the Quickbooks Checking account anymore and switch to a regular bank account.

Return to General Accounting