A/P Aging report from QBO does not match vendor stmt

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
juro  
A client of mine wants his A/P Aging report from QBO to match the vendor's stmt, and the total does match, as I reconcile each month to the vendor stmt.

Before this client hired me, they did not bother to input any vendor bills, much less reconcile like I do.
They would print a check from QBO after inputting a lump sum requested to be paid to the vendor', and that was it.

But now the client want the current & 30 to 60 days categories to agree with the vendor's stmt, same for 61 to 90, 91 to 120, and over 120.

Each bill is inputted into QBO to match the vendor. There are hundreds of small bills under $1,000 each.

Why does QBO still not match the vendor?

TrueTax  
I think the A/P placed into the aging categories for 31-60, 61-90, etc. based on the bill date as entered into QBO. So if the total on the vendor statement matches but the aging does not:

Do the bill dates in QBO match the bill dates the vendor has in their software?
    Did you run the A/P aging report from QBO as of exactly the same date as the vendor statement date?
    Maybe the vendor is using a different software that ages the receivables differently?

Can you compare the details that make up one of the categories between the vendor statement and the QBO aging report to see what the difference might be?

juro  
i just now requested this from the vendor:

Please send me separate lists of invoices
grouped by aging on your stmt as of 28 Feb 2022.
The list for current would have a total of $44,170.40
The list for Over 30 would have a total of $765.74.
The list for Over 60 would have a total of $11,446.24.
The list for Over 90 would have a total of $5,619.01.

juro  
seems a credit memo is not showing up on the A/P aging report,
causing our totals to not agree with the vendor totals.

The aging is based on the due date relative to either a) "current only" or 2) "report date," and per the "days per aging period" and "number of periods" you specify. Check the due dates that are entered in QBO relative to the vendor's.

juro  
Thanks Corner & True.

The credit memo is the only thing causing this problem, and everything I 7inputted into QBO matches the vendor.

A CM should appear based on the date entered for the CM in QBD--not the date it is entered, but the date entered as the date it is generated by vendor. Was it entered properly as a CM and if done via a journal entry, was it assigned to AP with correct vendor name?

juro  
hi
we always use the QBO menu option Vendor Credit under Vendors, never a journal entry.
The vendor name used for the CM is the same used for the invoices

Return to General Accounting