clients that do their own quickbooks

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
zl28  
Find these are often not profitable accounts for me.

Working on client with tons of accounts....there's a sub-account called coffee with customers

ugh

As long as the books are clean, I much prefer stratified accounts to clients throwing different types of expenses into one account. After the initial setup year, I find it makes prep easier in all future years as I don't have to scrutinize the G/L for hidden gems nearly as much. Might just be me.

CathysTaxes  
zl28 wrote:Find these are often not profitable accounts for me.

Working on client with tons of accounts....there's a sub-account called coffee with customers

ugh

I'd rather have that then find that 80% of the transactions are personal and need to be reclassed.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

zl28  
I started working with 2 bookkeepers who have been generous with referrals also; there work is perfect...makes it all the harder to deal with a client weak in Quickbooks - though there are a few who are good at qb.

just dealing iwth this qb file with literally 100 accounts..so annoying and time consuming

Charge a lot for clean-up work. Then refer the client to the one of the bookkeepers. If client tells you they can't afford a bookkeeper, then their net profit should be very low. If you do consulting on how to make more income, suggest a consultation to your client if you see opportunities on how the biz can make more.
Last edited by Andrew9901 on 1-Dec-2022 7:27pm, edited 1 time in total.

zl28  
good ideas...i think i'm goign to disengage..need efficient clients

zl28 wrote:good ideas...i think i'm goign to disengage..need efficient clients

Have you tried talking to the client and letting them know how they can make things more efficient? I believe there are subaccounts in QBs, so they can still have their "coffee with customers" account, but it will be under "Meals and Entertainment," etc...

zl28  
that's a good idea...and i've done that to a certain degree....i think there are about 120 accounts...just so annoying

Return to General Accounting