NetSuite Bank Reconciliation - Complete Later

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Wiles  
https://docs.oracle.com/en/cloud/saas/n ... 53886.html
Important: You can preserve only one reconciliation for completion at a later time. When you go back to Transactions > Bank > Reconcile Bank Statement or Transactions > Bank > Reconcile Credit Card Statement, the preserved reconciliation reappears. If you make changes to the preserved reconciliation including changes to dates and then click Complete Later again, NetSuite deletes the previously preserved reconciliation and replaces it with the updated reconciliation. If you change the account from that of the preserved account reconciliation, NetSuite displays a message indicating that the preserved reconciliation is erased and all work is lost.

Does this mean you cannot save more than one unfinished bank reconciliation at a time? For example, an unfinished reconciliation of the Checking account and another unfinished reconciliation of the Payroll account.

I must be reading this wrong.

I could read that two ways. Firstly, just as you think. Secondly, it might mean that if you attempt to reconcile, eg, checking when you are really doing payroll and you go to change the account, you lose everything in that reconciliation.

The way they have worded it, they are asking you to toss a coin to decide which wire in the bomb to cut. Get Netsuite customer service to cut the wire.

Despite its cost, NetSuite has a huge number of flaws and this is one of them. I'm familiar with one company that had to implement over 5,000 scripts to get NS to work the way they needed, but then there were so many scripts running that it did nothing but create other issues resulting in more scripts to correct. They decided to start from scratch, again, at an immense cost.

Wiles  
Wow! I am dumbfounded. This is such a basic feature. Thank you for confirming this.

I see that NS has replaced the bank & credit card reconciliation functions with a new Reconcile Account Statement. Does this new feature allow multiple reconciliations to be in progress at the same time?

I have looked at this new function and it is not making sense to me. It does not operate like a reconciliation with a running total of the difference.

Am I the last person on earth who does a bank rec in Excel? If so, why?

SumwunLost wrote:Am I the last person on earth who does a bank rec in Excel? If so, why?

Because when a bank feed is used properly in decent accounting software, I can reconcile an account in under 10 seconds.

Fair enough, but I can do a bank rec in Excel in less than a minute and I have an external check to boot.

juro  
How can i learn NetSuite software? can i download a demo?

wel  
NetSuite is cloud-based, so there's no download to demo.
I don't think you can even get a login ID until after several discussions with their sales team, and contracting with them - which is not an inexpensive proposition.

juro  
oh well

Return to General Accounting