QuickBooks bank and cc import problems

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
We have QB Desktop 2019 and a few bookkeeping clients on this version. All of a sudden non of the bank and cc imports work any more. We download transactions to our computers and import the files that way. Now strange QB messages appear, like account type not recognized. It's a credit card account (that we imported transactions into for 10 years). Any solutions?

Sounds to me like it could be an issue with lack of support/updates related to 2019. Especially since all imports stopped at once. Are you able to move clients to a newer version of QB or at least test to see if the bank feed files import to a newer version?

TheAnswerMan wrote:Sounds to me like it could be an issue with lack of support/updates related to 2019. Especially since all imports stopped at once. Are you able to move clients to a newer version of QB or at least test to see if the bank feed files import to a newer version?

I don't think it is. The only reason bank and cc feeds no longer work in 2019 is because the downgraded 2023 desktop version is now $800/yr. Feeds were disabled for the older version to sell the downgrade. Intuit didn't like that people used their older versions (accounting hasn't changed in 30 years) which cost about $500 which you could use forever if no payroll was involved. So now I'm moving to an 800/year subscription model which means, with increases, I pay over 14K for 10 years of subscriptions. It may be cheaper to hire someone to do the data entry for 1 cc.

juro  
Bank and cc feeds can be useful if the biz is strict cash-basis like a small convenience store, in which case it is pointless to create any transactions other than expenses, which is the only type of transaction created by the feed.

Most others however write checks & AMEX to pay vendors, so usefulness of bank and cc feeds is limited.

Intuit cuts off internet services (bank feeds are one of them) to Desktop after three years. Guess what version was released a couple months ago? 2023. That means 2019 is officially not supported and will not allow bank feeds. You'd have to get to 2021 or newer. It is even worse now that they migrated QBD to the subscription model.

Return to General Accounting