Nonprofit accounting

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Any suggestions for a good accounting program for a nonprofit? They have been using QBD but the latest price increase isn't acceptable. I know there are several QB competitors (Xero, Zoho, etc) but I'm looking for one that will create donation receipts, not paid invoices.

The nonprofit is small, maybe 10k total receipts per year. Looking for something cheap but practical.

Anybody?

Take Moneyworks Cashbook for a spin. It's free. You might have to play about with it to print a donation receipt.

CathysTaxes  
JTaxforms87 wrote:Any suggestions for a good accounting program for a nonprofit? They have been using QBD but the latest price increase isn't acceptable. I know there are several QB competitors (Xero, Zoho, etc) but I'm looking for one that will create donation receipts, not paid invoices.

The nonprofit is small, maybe 10k total receipts per year. Looking for something cheap but practical.

Anybody?

I believe in QuickBooks, you can customize invoices and other statements. The non profit that runs my daughter's day program uses QB same with the non profit that ran her work training program.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Aye, Cathy, but for $10,000 in receipts? The bright, shiny new price for QB eats up a goodly chunk of that. I also wonder if one of the online services would work, like Wave.

CathysTaxes  
SumwunLost wrote:Aye, Cathy, but for $10,000 in receipts? The bright, shiny new price for QB eats up a goodly chunk of that. I also wonder if one of the online services would work, like Wave.

I'm still using an old version of QB.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Cathy, as Sumwum notes the cost is an issue. I would love to move them to an earlier version of QB that doesn't require renewal, but as you know QB files can only be upgraded, not downgraded.

So I am looking at Wave but the best I can do in it to create receipts is to modify Invoices. The result isn't entirely satisfactory.

Has anybody used software4nonprofits.com? Or any other reasonably priced program that is suitable for charities?

MWB2127  
There is an organization called “Techsoup” where non-profits (501c3) can can sign up to get software for free or at greatly reduced costs. I do the bookkeeping for a local arts organization and our QBO subscription was obtained through them at no cost.

Return to General Accounting