Easy software for small used car dealer?

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Nilodop  
Wants to keep track of costs and sales for each vehicle, and if it happens to also throw off useful statistics, all the better. Useful meaning days in inventory, gross profit ratio per car, whatever. He probably sells about 100 cars per year. I did say small, right?

chris  
Len, how about an Excel spreadsheet (or OpenOffice, which is free)?
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

Nilodop  
Maybe. I'll mention it to the dealer. Thanks.

FinanceExpress works for me

Nilodop  
Interesting. Thank you.

makbo  
This could be done without too much trouble in Quickbooks. Set up some non-inventory part items, e.g. sedan, SUV, truck, whatever seems important to categorize. Each vehicle can be tracked by S/N, description, whatever. Each sale to a customer will give you the profit details, including direct costs. Tweaking existing reports to get exactly what you want might be a one time effort, or maybe there are already report templates out there for the asking, I haven't looked.

Whether this qualifies as "easy" is debatable, but certainly it would be well-supported by the marketplace.

Nilodop  
Thanks.

Noobie  
I used to work for a software company that provides auto dealer accounting software. http://www.abcoa.com/dealpack/

Return to General Accounting