Receipt App

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Looking for suggestions for a good receipt app for iPhone. My boss is currently sending me pics of his receipts so he doesn't lose them somewhere along the way. I'd rather have something I could import into Quickbooks either directly or via Excel.

Oh Brother! Or Brother DS920DW to be precise. This is battery-powered and light enough to take anywhere. He can do his own scanning.

Looks neat but he is usually at a restaurant or gas station when he sends them. If he waited until he got to a place to scan, he'd just drop them on my desk. His house is like 50 feet from the office.

Aye, but the point is, it scans without a computer. It goes to quite a substantial SD card. I have one myself.

Wow, now that's pretty cool. I love the idea of scanning directly to an SD card! May not be able to sell him on something additional to carry around when there are apps for the phone for it but I definitely think it's worth trying. :D

For those interested, we are testing out IQBoxy. Pretty neat so far. I'll try to check in later on how it's going. Could be good for some folks' clients who bring in those shoe boxes at year end. ;)

Are you his assistant or a CPA? All due respect, in almost ALL large organizations, an expense report should be completed unless of course he is having you do that for him? Why is he asking a CPA to fill out an expense report?

I wouldn't do this for him at all.

I am a CPA working in a financial advisor's office. I prepare returns for some clients as well as do the accounting for the firm. The FA travels frequently to meet with clients all over the country. Instead of trying to keep up with those receipts while traveling, he was starting to take photos and email them to me. I thought there had to be a better way, therefore the search for a receipt app.

motpt88  
http://www.neat.com/features/mobile/

I've never used their mobile software but I used their mini-scanner for a while and really liked it.

Return to General Accounting