MFA down - what if this was 10/15

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
EZTAX  
Tried to e-file some returns and the software would not work. Called Ultra-tax and the message said they were aware of problems with the multi factor authentication and are working on it.

To say I am upset is an understatement. Then, to make matters worse, I went to lunch and when I returned could not even log into the program. Called tech support and was told that if I unplugged the internet I could make it work (it did).

Many of us have been concerned about this happening on the crunch day - what then? Can't imagine how many hours it would take to try and get the IRS to accept the returns as timely filed.

The IRS has insisted/forced us into e-filing. Seems to me there should be something in writing to protect us if the system fails.

Thoughts?

sjrcpa  
October1 was a deadline for extended trust returns.

I had 7 1041s to efile and had to wait until nearly 8:00 before I could efile. They reported back today that they had a software update and had some unexpected problems.

They chose to run an update on a deadline day? I get it that’s it’s a small one, but there are a huge number of opportunities that aren’t due dates.

EZTAX  
I remember hearing a story several years ago about turbo tax e-filing crashing on 4/15 and the IRS granting an extension. Does anyone know if there is any ruling or procedure that would protect us if our software fails on a filing date?

Return to Business Operations and Development