Intuit seasonal remote employee: knocking, knocking (again)

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
makbo  
Anyone have recent experience with this? I like discussing taxes more than preparing them, so every year I think about this for a few moments. Somehow I can't help but think that Intuit is no better as an employer than H&R Block.

https://careers.intuit.com/job-category ... nal-remote

smtcpa  
Any idea as to what the pay rate is?

I've never done this, because it seems akin to a turkey helping lower an axe toward his neck while being paid poorly for the privilege.

smtcpa wrote:Any idea as to what the pay rate is?

I thought it was around $20/hr.

smtcpa  
Holy crap. Who would actually do this for $20? :shock:

missingdonut wrote:
smtcpa wrote:Any idea as to what the pay rate is?

I thought it was around $20/hr.

They hounded me for months despite my continuous efforts to ignore them. I prefer preparing taxes to discussing them, and honestly do not want to dilute the value of a CPA by working for such a company. For what they pay, I would rather spend it on recreation or finding opportunities to bill out at my MUCH higher rates.

Intuit, H&R Block, Liberty, etc., all freely attack CPAs and EAs concerning tax prep...and then they want us to help them out? :lol:

dsocpa  
Intuit contacted me about entering into an employment arrangement with them doing the same thing. I don’t rememer the exact rate but recollect it was hideously low and they wouldn’t negotiate over $35/hour. They do have a 401(k) with matching. I flatly turned them down due to the rate and the requirement for X number of hours fixed sitting by the phone. I felt it would definitely impact how much I could for other clients. Also, there is likely a time limit per phone call.
In any event, I thought the AICPA challenged the arrangement and Intuit backed off. Then again that could have been something else - there have been so many shady deals pursued by Intuit.

zl28  
i'm surprised they don't pursue something in India where people have been preparing US taxes for a long time.

Return to Business Operations and Development