Profile - association membership

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
makbo  
Can you change "Member of: NAEA" to "Member of: NAEA/CSEA"? The California Society of EAs (CSEA) has recently changed its membership rules to allow associate members of CSEA without also being a member of NAEA. There is currently no place to show CSEA-only membership on the profile, yet given the size of CSEA, and its unique status as quasi-standalone state chapter in the largest state, there are a non-trivial number of people in this status.

chris  
Other states might follow. Maybe I add a choice "State EA Org" or something generic like that.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

makbo  
chris wrote:Other states might follow. Maybe I add a choice "State EA Org" or something generic like that.

The likelihood of any other state following is vanishingly small, for reasons I won't go into here. But yes, it seems there should be some way to indicate that I belong to a recognized EA professional association that isn't NAEA. Thank you.

chris  
Done...if you wish you can go to the user control panel (once logged in) and visit the Profile tab to see the new field. Henceforth newly registered users will also be able to select it from the list of membership choices.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

dsocpa  
How CPA state association and state accounting and tax professionals?

chris  
Now you're pushing it. Just kidding :-)

I can add "State CPA organization" or similar. The other thing, 'state accounting and tax professional' seems a little vague or maybe I'm misunderstanding (?)

dsocpa  
Thank you Chris. Sorry my grammar was terrible - was on my ipad. Just about every state has a State Association of CPA's - in MD is MACPA - you must be a CPA to join. Several states have a Society of Accountants on the local level. On the national level it's NSA (National Association of Accountants). With the state society you do not have to be a CPA. The Maryland Society of Accounting and Tax Professional (MSATP) is very active in the community and has many EA's, bookkeeper's and CPA's as member's. Usually solo or small firm tax professionals. Many solo practitioner's dropped their AICPA membership long ago when the whole peer review nonsense started.

Anyway, just use State Association of CPA's. Thanks so much!

Return to Forum Usage Q&A