QBO, not able to assign expense accounts for 1099 reporting

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Andrew  
Client uses QBO. We started working on her 1099s. Only one expense account shows up in the 1099 report and a lot of vendors which have been marked for 1099 tracking are missing from this report. It looks like QBO does not let me assign more expense accounts for 1099 tracking. Of course, any advice from QBO is missing except for using their 1099 filing service for an additional fee which seems to allow you to allocate accounts. Does anyone know how to assign accounts for 1099 tracking in QBO if you don't want to use their 1099 service?

Andrew  
Found it.

I always find QB, whether QBO or QBD, to be a PITA and incorrect for 1099 mappings. If you get them correct, great. Sometimes it is quicker to just review vendor payments and then create two accounts that clear each other out, and do a journal entry that has each vendor as a separate line. You then map the debit accounts to 1099 boxes, and sum of debit boxes is offset by a credit account. Another way is just create a single account, and assign the credit account to either no vendor or a CPA Adjustment vendor.

I end up having to do this more often than not. 1099 accuracy/mapping has ALWAYS been a weakness of Quickbooks.

Return to General Accounting