Tax appointments 2021

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
sjrcpa  
How does a permanent July 15 deadline = extra dollars for larger firms?

CathysTaxes  
If July 15th becomes a permanent deadline then I'm retiring.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

WBR wrote:It appears there is a push by the AICPA...to make the July 15th deadline permanent.

What you seen or heard that makes you think that?

WBR wrote:I will be surprised if the April 15th deadline stands for 2021.

There is so much unknown between now and then politically, economically, and regarding the virus that I think it's anyone's game. But, if I had to bet with my "hypothetical" dollars, which is all I ever bet with (good luck collecting), I'd say no postponement. File your returns or an extension with payment by 4/15. The medical community and executive branch have a lot more data points now versus seven months ago as far as the virus is concerned. There's a lot less uncertainty.

belle  
sjrcpa wrote:How does a permanent July 15 deadline = extra dollars for larger firms?

Less overtime maybe? That's the only thing that comes to mind for me.

CathysTaxes  
belle wrote:
sjrcpa wrote:How does a permanent July 15 deadline = extra dollars for larger firms?

Most people I know in the field enjoy summer hours. They won't want to give that up.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

belle  
CathysTaxes wrote:
belle wrote:

Most people I know in the field enjoy summer hours. They won't want to give that up.

I don't like giving up my summer hours either. That, however, doesn't translate into *extra dollars for larger firms". I don't see how an permanently extended filing deadline would put any "extra" dollars into the coffers of a larger firm.

ATSMAN  
If July 15 becomes the new filing deadline, my business model will have to change drastically.

CathysTaxes  
belle wrote:
I don't like giving up my summer hours either. That, however, doesn't translate into *extra dollars for larger firms". I don't see how an permanently extended filing deadline would put any "extra" dollars into the coffers of a larger firm.

IME, it didn't. It just dragged my anxiety until July 15th because even though I was almost done by April 15th, the clients took that long to sign them.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development