Secure Portal

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Good thinking, Cornerstone. It's generally a good idea to call the sender on the telephone and ask if they sent the e-mail and attachment before you open it.

In the last two weeks I have gotten two awfully suspicious e-mails. One of them was almost certainly a test from my employer. This has happened before. They figure that if anyone falls for it that means we need better security training. The other one I was less sure about. I reported the details of both to the folks who are in charge of security issues and deleted them twice - once from my in-box and again from the deleted items folder.

In our business we handle too much sensitive data not to be very very careful!
Because on T.A. ten was the most you were allowed

Nice additional comment about being wary of attachments - Cornerstone.

Ten Letters : What does this mean ? Just curious - thanks !

There used to be a site similar to this one called Tax Almanac. When it shut down most of the folks who used to hang out there migrated here.

When I first signed up at Tax Almanac my original user name was too long. A site admin. told me it would not display right and that I should limit myself to ten letters. I noticed that "tenletters" had 10 letters in it and decided that was as good a user name as any. I've used it ever since.

dsocpa  
I look at the email address. Lately the sender will appear to be someone I know but when I look at the actual email address it is clearly not that person.

EZTAX  
Wondering what happens when you decide not to renew the portal. I imagine you loose all your data?

Check your contract/user agreement.

I'm sure there's a grace period, after which all bets are off.

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
EZTAX wrote:Wondering what happens when you decide not to renew the portal. I imagine you loose all your data?

You should be able to download all files to a local pc ? We use Encyro and can keep copies of all documents locally too. That way if something better comes along we can switch and not loose anything. But for the price and ease of use, Encyro is hard to beat. But with Encyro your account will never disappear if you decide not to renew. It switches back to their free service and everything is still accessible. Plus they are offering free kba till May 15th for signing documents.

Twin Turbo Z wrote:You should be able to download all files to a local pc ? We use Encyro and can keep copies of all documents locally too.

Didn't Encyro just implement the portal with signatures? I have only been using their encrypted e-mail service but I recall seeing an e-mail, recently, about their portal/esig option.

I retain copies of everything that is in SmartVault locally, too, and can reproduce originating software if need be. I will not place all my eggs in one basket--my time with FileCabinet taught me great lessons on that.

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
CornerstoneCPA wrote:
Twin Turbo Z wrote:You should be able to download all files to a local pc ? We use Encyro and can keep copies of all documents locally too.

Didn't Encyro just implement the portal with signatures? I have only been using their encrypted e-mail service but I recall seeing an e-mail, recently, about their portal/esig option.

I retain copies of everything that is in SmartVault locally, too, and can reproduce originating software if need be. I will not place all my eggs in one basket--my time with FileCabinet taught me great lessons on that.

Yes they are offering FREE kba signature feature till mid may.

Hunter  
Dropbox has Shared Branding on the Professional level and up now. I've been trying it out this past week and its pretty cool. It still has some dropbox logos and such but it also has my company's logo and name implemented for a more "professional" look. I also created an upload folder and link which clients can use for general secure uploads.

Everything synced on my computer to my local hard drive.

I'm a big dropbox user, especially since I have integration through a tax portal that I built that can connect clients' folders with their personalized online portal. And any client uploads automatically pop right into their client folder. It has saved me HOURS. https://www.wpcloudplugins.com/plugins/ ... r-dropbox/

Frankly  
If you have trouble losing things that get loose, try Scotch tape or a Glu-Bird. Works wonders.

s054  
Does anyone have any experience with TaxDome? Sounds like a really good value, if it actually does all they say

I use Verifyle. Provides secure email, file sharing, and document signing.

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development