ShareFile Service -Encryo,Citrix Sharefile or other?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
Hi All :

I’m a one man shop looking for a cost efficient / secure / user friendly service to share & receive files. Also , the service must be able to allow clients to share files without needing to set up a login. I was also hoping to find one with a gmail add on.

So far , looks like choices are :

1) Citrix Share-file : $50 minimum per month . -It no longer offers service for a one person shop at $15 - 20 monthly https://www.sharefile.com/pricing

2) Encryo: $10 per month. The one problem is that it doesn’t have a Gmail add on- just Microsoft outlook https://www.encyro.com/

I’m leaning towards Encryo - since Citrix doesn’t provide the 1 person subscription.
(Seaside CPA recommended Encryo - thanks for that - I never would have know about them otherwise)

Any other suggestions for services that might be considered ?

Thanks in advance !

I use Encyro as one of several ways of exchanging e-mails/files and overall, I like it. The Outlook integration is nice but there is a bug within Windows itself that prevents certain recipients from being sent a notification message. Gmail is one of them that commonly occurs, but it has been less frequent in the past few months. It is eliminated by using the web version of Encyro instead of the Outlook plugin.

Sharefile is more of a portal with encrypted e-mail functionality whereas Encyro is only encrypted e-mail. Just keep in mind you are not comparing apples to apples when looking at Sharefile vs. Encyro.

Frankly  
I use the Encyro with the Outlook add-in. It's no big deal; it allows you to send a message through Outlook instead of through the portal. I generally don't send through Outlook.

Clients don't need to register or set up an account. They cannot send any files to you without you first requesting they do so through the portal; they cannot initiate an upload. If you send them a secure message they will be able to download the secure files you send to them. The files you send will only be available to them on the portal for a set number of days; after that they become unavailable to the client. They will not be able to respond to a secure message unless they "set up an account".

Setting up an account is nothing more than providing a password to access the portal that is already set up by virtue of you having sent them a request for files. Nothing could be more simple. It gives them the ability to respond securely, and also allows access to files without expiration.

Encyro also does e-sign.

Thanks for the input.
CORRECTION: I meant to thank "Cornerstone " not "Seaside" . I got the Carolinas mixed up.
Sorry for not getting due credit Cornerstone- I know you must have been devastated by this :) Just kidding , obviously !

Anybody use Dropbox....???????

Everyone except tax professionals, it seems like. ( google drive popular too)
Word amongst tax professionals is that DropBox isn't up to snuff. I have no idea if that's the case. A good person to ask is tax security expert and CPA - Bob Jennings - TaxSpeaker. https://taxspeaker.com/speakers

BTW : I'm so confused, there's Seaside , Cornerstone, and southparkcpa - all from the Carolinas. (thought you'd be from Colorado like Comedy Central show) :)

Joan TB  
My husband uses Dropbox because one of his larger clients loves it. He hates it, and I hate having to help him with it. We have Sharefile and I find it incredibly easier to use. However, this particular client is a municipality, so many of the documents are public record anyway, so security/privacy of Dropbox is barely an issue.

Frankly wrote:Clients don't need to register or set up an account. They cannot send any files to you without you first requesting they do so through the portal; they cannot initiate an upload.

I have a link on my website that takes them to an Encyro page connected to my account, and anyone can initiate an encrypted e-mail to me with attachments. Also keep a link in my e-mail signature to same page. They can do it without having an account, which is different than if they go to log in at encyro.com to view or send their e-mails. It's not a portal in the sense portal is typically used; it just happens to create folders for each e-mail address.

I typically use Encyro when someone is not set up with SmartVault, they will not use SmartVault, or I want proof of delivery/being read.

Joan TB wrote:My husband uses Dropbox because one of his larger clients loves it. He hates it, and I hate having to help him with it. We have Sharefile and I find it incredibly easier to use. However, this particular client is a municipality, so many of the documents are public record anyway, so security/privacy of Dropbox is barely an issue.

My concern is that I or my assistant could easily share the file with the wrong client.

Im gonna look at Sharefile......

You can share or upload a document to the wrong client using any of these systems. I accidentally uploaded someone else's completed engagement letter to another client's portal in SmartVault because the names are right next to each other in list of clients. Fortunately it was an 1120S engagement and not a 1040, because my 1040 engagements collect personal info.

ocdtax  
ShareFile has some great features. We've been with them for several years and we're happy. ShareFile is owned by Citrix.

Twin Turbo Z  
Account Deactivated
Encyro. Working pretty good so far. Cheap and the KBA fee is waved till mid March.

migbike  
I use Sharefile mostly because I'm grandfathered in at an old rate of $20/month.

Another to consider is SmartVault

Return to Business Operations and Development