DONE!

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
ATSMAN  
I just e-filed the last return I was working on. The rest will be on extension and I will "see you in September"!

Need a good night sleep :P

Taxaway  
I'm jealous! Made sure all the extensions were accepted, including the most important one :lol:, and set my email and phone with an auto-respond message....for two days. I'm afraid to look on Thursday to see what 'life and death' issues will have occurred in those 48 hours. I have some June 15 deadlines and most on extensions I want done with by that date too, so football season will be uninterrupted! Then I can hibernate again!

I did my extensions back in April but have had very little downtime from routine work. Taxes just add to it. I took yesterday off to do things around the house but felt tired and lightheaded, so did not do much of anything.

And the silly prom I had to help chaperone with my wife on Saturday? Several students in attendance just caused two entire classes at her school to be quarantined for two weeks for testing positive or being exposed to someone that tested positive. Mask mandate ended thanks to our lovely governor, so people that did wear masks were really only wearing in the hallway where they were still required by the venue, but plenty disregarded it entirely.

My queue is still pretty deep with stragglers and those that could not pay in a full amount so they should file ASAP. That's good in a way be cause it makes for strong May numbers and it gets them done before the September/October rush.

Also, Hawaii "just now" (May 10th - though the Hawaii deadline was April 20th) ruled that all PPP that is "expected" to be forgiven under current forgiveness rules, even if not forgiven yet, can not be used for deductions. I don't think that's legal, but what do I know? So lots of amendments to do. Perhaps 100?

Also, I have to figure out this darn employee retention credit thing, and amend 941s and income tax returns for about 30 of my business clients.

Would love a break - but no rest for me for a while yet.

Webster  
ItDepends wrote:Also, Hawaii "just now" (May 10th - though the Hawaii deadline was April 20th) ruled that all PPP that is "expected" to be forgiven under current forgiveness rules, even if not forgiven yet, can not be used for deductions. I don't think that's legal, but what do I know? So lots of amendments to do. Perhaps 100?

That is infuriating. Work is nice, but not rework.

ItDepends wrote:Also, I have to figure out this darn employee retention credit thing, and amend 941s and income tax returns for about 30 of my business clients.

Would love a break - but no rest for me for a while yet.

If it's any consolation, don't short yourself on billing for the ERC work. Most payroll companies are charging 7-9% of the credit. I've found ~5% is still excellent realization on most projects.
We're just refining our process for that one, but it's getting there.
~Captcook

ATSMAN  
Making some progress on my honey do list. It appears to be longer than the lines on a 1040 form :roll:

Webster  
The new 1040 or the old one?

Return to Business Operations and Development