test - can't post new Taxation topic?

How to use the discussion board. Post usage questions here.
makbo  
Keep on getting a screen that says "It looks like nothing was found at this location, maybe try a search?" whenever I click Preview or Submit on a new post. This is in the Taxation forum. I'm posting this in Forum Usage as a test/bug report.

This is URL of the error screen:

posting.php?mode=post&f=8#preview

makbo  
What's interesting is that in the end the problem boiled down to using the word c-a-s-i-n-o[*]. When ever I left that word in my post, it errored out. When I replaced it with "gambling establishment", everything was fine.

[*] the same problem happens in this post, so obviously that six-letter word for a gambling establishment, that rhymes with "Reno", is hard-coded to trigger some kind of search error at this site.

[edit] the word does appear in other posts previously made to this forum, so maybe it's a recently-arisen problem?

chris  
Thanks for pointing this out. I am going to have to speak with the hosting company, as this seems to be a "tweak" they've made recently to their Apache security settings. What is happening is that the submission (via "preview" or "submit") is failing due to a permissions error based on that word, and being redirected to a "page not found" handler.

I will chase this down.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

chris  
this issue should now be resolved.
Site admin and software developer for TaxProTalk.com and https://TheSiteFactory.com

How do I file a new post? The FAQ was clear as mud.
Steve

Frankly  
gatortaxguy wrote:How do I file a new post? The FAQ was clear as mud.

Open a discussion forum. Click on "New Topic" which is found on the left side near the top and near the bottom of the forum.

Got it. Thanks.
Steve

Return to Forum Usage Q&A