Software for building contractor

Any non-Tax accounting topics go here.
Client uses QuickBooks Premier Contractor. They're not happy with the never ending changes to the program. It also lacks in job costing abilities. Client has Macs. QB was hosted by a third party so that client could use QB Contractor on a windows platform. Does anyone have a recommendation for accounting software for contractors?

It’s not specifically for building contractors, but you might look at MoneyWorks Gold from Cognito Software. They swap information seamlessly between Macs and PCs.

Take a look at some of these options. Everything I ever see that is specialized sucks on accounting and A/P and A/R management, just like QBO cannot excel at specialized tasks. So, the best solution is finding something that tightly integrates with QBO, IMO, unless they're willing to step into very seriously expensive ERP software that can be customized.

https://www.getapp.com/construction-software/construction-management/w/quickbooks/

CathysTaxes  
I'm with Cornerstone on this. Sometimes a business has to supplement their accounting package with Excel spreadsheets, Access database, or some other customized solution. I recently developed a robust Access database application for my husband's employer to handle Prevailing Wage and Certified Payroll requirements.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

Thanks. My client uses the QB desktop version. Any recommendations for that? I agree, QB does a good job at very basic transactions.

CathysTaxes  
Find out his needs. Excel spreadsheets can be imported into QuickBooks. Start with that. If his budget and his needs outgrow that look into finding someone to design a database application or desktop application to create the worksheets that can be imported.
Cathy
CathysTaxes

QBD has more limitations with integrations than QBO. Used to be the opposite but it is very clear despite what is stated that Intuit is focusing on and pushing QBO over QBD.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (formerly known as Timberline Office Software).It starts at about $14,000 and is what most professional construction companies use.

eze  
Treetopclimes wrote:Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (formerly known as Timberline Office Software).It starts at about $14,000 and is what most professional construction companies use.

I'd second this. Look at the Sage suite of products. Also, ProContractor.

Intuit sucks, but you can job cost with QuickBooks.....not well, but it is possible.

Return to General Accounting