Is Intuit "stealing" my clients from under me?

Software. Marketing. Training. Running your business.
CP Hay  
Just another reason I cringe when I hear a credentialed tax person working for Intuit doing TurboTax support. That’s the ultimate smack in the face to peers and the profession. Doesn’t surprise me from the corporate side though. Intuit is a public company looking to make money for their shareholders. It’s never enough for them.

I agree and I don't understand why a credentialed professional would work 40 hours for 12 weeks for $9600.

Even an unestablished preparer could work for just 5 days and easily prepare and file 30 simple tax returns for $350 each and net the same income.

5 days vs 60 days of work - same pay.

Intuit told me that in the transition, there would be no cost increase.

Today, they just charged my card for what will equate to a $12,000 per year cost increase. After a chat with them, the result was, "too bad, you agreed to the terms when you added a credit card, have a nice day".

Joan TB  
Intuit has been steering users toward a live, full-service version of the TurboTax service this year, in an attempt to compete with traditional accountants. "Our future is TurboTax live," CEO Susan Goodarzi said. "Especially with AI capability, we can really disrupt the assisted segment."

Per a recent interview with Intuit about their Actual vs. earnings & revenue forecast.
I use their Lacerte --- thanks, Intuit.

Previous

Return to Business Operations and Development